• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The bmw run flat conundrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bmw run flat conundrum

Had my newish F30 3 series for a few months and totally no regrets about buying it. Recently got a puncture and just had to buy a new tyre for over 200 squid. I went into this fully knowing the deal. Black circle offered the best deal for tyres.

Going to normal tyres doesn't seem an option in the new beemas as they don't have space for the spare.

I don't believe in part worns as it's just silly to do that for things as important as tyres.

Is it one of things that you just have to grin and bear or is their another option?

You run a car with a "badge" and then whine about the cost of tyres which you knew full well when you got the car were expensive.

What kind of idiot do you have to be to ask the question (or to even contemplate part worn tyres for that matter)? You're a contractor £200 is hardly the end of the world especially since your last posts were about how wonderfully successful you are now.

Or of course it may all just be a bunch of utter lies made to embellish that particular ID.

Comment

Can of foam. Never tried it, but that seems to be what lots of cars do now.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        You run a car with a "badge" and then whine about the cost of tyres which you knew full well when you got the car were expensive.

What kind of idiot do you have to be to ask the question (or to even contemplate part worn tyres for that matter)? You're a contractor £200 is hardly the end of the world especially since your last posts were about how wonderfully successful you are now.

Or of course it may all just be a bunch of utter lies made to embellish that particular ID.
        alright who has been shagging Mrs TykeMerc?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Rather you than me replacing an individual tyre.

You are supposed to replace them in pairs especially in BMWs unless you have a poverty spec manual....

Edit to add - Mismatched pairs can give the automatic gearbox big problems....
          Last edited by eek; 1 May 2015, 15:44.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I run a car with a "badge", but there's no way I'm paying £200 for a single tyre. I drive quite "strongly" in a car with decent power behind it, but I understand that I'm not actually a rally driver and paying the extra amount won't actually help me improve my split time by 0.02 seconds on my commute.

I'm not saying £200 tyres are a rip off, neccessarily - they may be worth the money - but I doubt most drivers need tyres that cost £200 to safely drive their lower-management saloon to work.

Comment

I have two "badge" cars and I see no problem running Nankang. On your brand new Beemer, I would stick with the run flats however, since it is still a new car under warranty. If you wrote it off no modifications unless declared to insurers. Even then I would be concerned...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Don't be a hater Tyke, save up and one day you can also have a BMW.

Anyway, BMW is so last year, Volvos are the new black.

Comment

Is it that time of the month then?

I am not going to boast about being successful, it's only a 3 series bmw, any contractor on 300/day could afford one. No biggy

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Is it that time of the month then?

I am not going to boast about being successful, it's only a 3 series bmw, any contractor on 300/day could afford one. No biggy
                    £300/day contractors should be driving 5 year old Skodas/Passats

HTH BIDI

Comment

Working...
                    X