• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay. Holiday flights booked. Saved £1200!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay. Holiday flights booked. Saved £1200!

August to Florida this year = not cheap flights.

Mrs was dead keen on direct flights. Looking at £4500 or so for economy for 2+2 - sod that!

Even indirect was averaging £3000+

Got a bargain. £1900 with BA via Chicago. Not ideal - 5 hrs in Ohare but for the sake of almost £1500. (But 2 hrs miami coming back to not too bad).

Not as flush as some of you who'd do business class lol.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Have you ever taken a holiday in Blackpool?

Comment

Get yourself one of these:

Then you can get sponsorship and be paid for the journey

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Have you ever taken a holiday in Blackpool?
        I did once with a couple of friends.

The wind howling up the Irish Sea made us feel like Antarctic penguins huddling together in a blizzard.

And that was in august!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Mrs was dead keen on direct flights. Looking at £4500 or so for economy for 2+2 - sod that!

Got a bargain. £1900 with BA via Chicago. Not ideal - 5 hrs in Ohare but for the sake of almost £1500. (But 2 hrs miami coming back to not too bad).

Thats a cracking price for 2+2 for that time of the year, you going end of Aug ?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

No Valleys Air flight from the diff? I thought Thomas Cook did one in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Thats a cracking price for 2+2 for that time of the year, you going end of Aug ?
              Just in time for hurricane season.

Comment

How can you afford that on JSA - sponger!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  7th-23rd. Yep normally costs at least £500pp when we go in oct/nov.

This year child no 2 will be just 2 so no choice but to pay for seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    No Valleys Air flight from the diff? I thought Thomas Cook did one in the summer.
                    Think thomson are starting one but not until later in the year.
                    Used to be a continental flight from BRS (via newark) which was good.

Always tends to be london these days. At least its LHR not LGW - fair bit closer. Not so cool driving home after overnighter from USA.

Comment

Working...
                    X