• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed for a friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed for a friend

Mr ms just called. He was happy for 25 years - then he met ms. He feels he ought to get her a present. Cannot decide between a first book of cooking and a new fire extinguisher for the kitchen after the last incident.

It has to be cheap. Any suggestions I can pass on?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mr ms just called. He was happy for 25 years - then he met ms. He feels he ought to get her a present. Cannot decide between a first book of cooking and a new fire extinguisher for the kitchen after the last incident.

It has to be cheap. Any suggestions I can pass on?
    Cheap and best? Pearl Necklace.

I'm sure MF would agree.

Comment

Tell him not to bother - why break the habit of a lifetime (well 23 years - he remembered the first year)?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Tell him not to bother - why break the habit of a lifetime (well 23 years - he remembered the first year)?
        Married 2 and MrsB has a flawless track record so far. She forgot both of them.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Cheap and best? Pearl Necklace.

I'm sure MF would agree.
          Not with my little fellas. Strong jawline, muscular, intellectual, entrepreneur incredible genetics. Clinics pay a fortune for mine. Brillo on the other hand, scraped from the bottom of the sink, probably more apt.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Not with my little fellas. Strong jawline, muscular, intellectual, entrepreneur incredible genetics. Clinics pay a fortune for mine. Brillo on the other hand, scraped from the bottom of the sink, probably more apt.
            You missed the inability to stop eating.

Comment

Hes getting you a present times 23 this year to make up!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You missed the inability to stop eating.
                Hence the strong, muscular jawline. It's all that mastication.

Comment

Hence the strong, muscular jawline. It's all that mastication.
                  Well it's something to do with what he puts in his mouth...
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Well it's something to do with what he puts in his mouth...
                    His foot? I don't think he's that agile.

Comment

Working...
                    X