• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extras

Anyone ever been an extra in a film? It's on a list of things I'd like to do , but I dont really have a different enough face for it. Mordac has the face, he could be a pickpocket or a madman but not me.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I was an extra ('supporting artiste', Darling) in a training video. A mate was the producer and she got me a speaking part (chatting to each other as someone held the door open for us).

Ricky Gervais was spot on. I spent all day eating biscuits and drinking tea and listening to the 'experienced' bitching about all the others. They were livid when they realised that I'd managed to say a whole sentence on film. It had taken them years to be senior enough to order a g&t from the bar....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think I may have seen this jacko. You had to sexually harass somebody with the line 'You want me! don't you Tiger? Grrrr'

Comment

Yes, several, and so have several members of my motorbike and car collection.

threaded in "I bought a vampire motorcycle" mode
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes, I was an "angel" to that movie.

threaded in "and even girly says that was a fscking stoopid thing to do" mode.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

When I was a kid the BBC hired out one of our fields and my horse for a day for an episode of Juliet bravo. They also all sat around all day doing nothing. They had a stunt driver who was supposed to hit a parked car but missed it and stuffed it into a dry stone wall. Richard Hammond I think he was called.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm in a Royal Marines promotional video. In fact if you look closely on the Royal Marines website you'll see a piccy of me.

Churchill - In "Was much younger and fitter then" mode!

Comment

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a Royal Marines promotional video"

Fluffer to the army do doubt?

Comment

Dont waste my time. I thought this was a thread about extras, nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a Royal Marines promotional video"

Fluffer to the army do doubt?
                    There you go again MF . Are you in competition with AtW to find out which one of you knows least about the most topics?

Comment

Working...
                    X