• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three mobile phone international roaming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three mobile phone international roaming

So on the three.co.uk web portal where you are "supposed" to be able to request international roaming it just says ring 333
    Ringing 333 gives a lot of menus and when you eventually get to the correct part to request international roaming it just says "We have been unable to do this, we have technical problems, please try again later"
    Now obviously I have tried many times now
    There does not seem any way to speak to a human on their phone menu, not even one of those nice people in India they use for customer contacts.
    Anyone any idea how to get them to sort this?

Ring and ask for a PAC because you are leaving since they can't sort it out.

They'll sort it out then for you.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you have a business account you get a different number to ring and they are very helpful. The contact centre is in Scotland.

Comment

They were a bit funny with enabling roaming as you need to be with them for at least 30 days before they enable it and I fly weekly, but other than that no funny business like you described...

Comment

Why do you need to enable it? Why doesn't it just work?

I can't remember what I did but I went to France a month or so after joining Three and was able to roam. I was a bit annoyed when I discovered the 30 day thing, but I was just outside.

The problem I found with Three was that although they were cheap and the service worked perfectly well in France, it didn't work at all in Britain. I couldn't even make and receive phone calls at work.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X