• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE pension con

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE pension con

I'm wondering if anyone is having an issue with the IPSE pension scheme. I joined the IPSE pension ( rightly or wrongly ) and set up a direct debit which was serviced on the 1st of May... as yet this money has not made its way to the Aegon fund.

Speaking to Aegon, it appears IPSE are pooling the money for a period of time before transferring it to Aegon... None of the documentation told me this would happen. So is IPSE pulling a fast one and earning interest of the members pension fund??

IPSE are not helpful on the phone, insisting on a "manager call back" that never happens.

It's paid for the champers for the CC post election piss up.

HTH

Comment

It's not something I'm personally interested in, but as a CC candidate, I did read up about it to try and understand the offering.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/futures/ipse-pension

"IPSE will collate all payments once a month and remit to Aegon."

My understanding is that the benefit over doing it yourself is the group buying power, so this makes sense. You might be able to find out when the once a month is and alter your DD accordingly.

It's very new, so possibly still teething issues?

Worth posting on the IPSE forums - the director who set up the scheme does read and respond to questions promptly.

But your query does answer one of my questions - whether this is of interest to current members. I guess it is

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        It's paid for the champers for the CC post election piss up.

HTH
        Excellent! I'll put it in my diary!

Comment

... and don't forget to vote in the CC elections!

Comment

Originally posted by contiva View Post
            I'm wondering if anyone is having an issue with the IPSE pension scheme. I joined the IPSE pension ( rightly or wrongly ) and set up a direct debit which was serviced on the 1st of May... as yet this money has not made its way to the Aegon fund.

Speaking to Aegon, it appears IPSE are pooling the money for a period of time before transferring it to Aegon... None of the documentation told me this would happen. So is IPSE pulling a fast one and earning interest of the members pension fund??

IPSE are not helpful on the phone, insisting on a "manager call back" that never happens.
            Perhaps if you posted on a Ipse forum you would get an answer ?

Comment

Hopefully their fund manager isn't called Darren Upton

Comment

Just wondering which bit of "not for profit" you're having trouble with.

Raise your question on the IPSE boards and it will get answered. Doing it here is pointless.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  It's not something I'm personally interested in, but as a CC candidate, I did read up about it to try and understand the offering.
                  I didn't realise you were a candidate - I'd have thought that you'd have mentioned it

(Vote Fiona, Matt, Marc, Sandy and Mark!)

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  "IPSE will collate all payments once a month and remit to Aegon."

My understanding is that the benefit over doing it yourself is the group buying power, so this makes sense. You might be able to find out when the once a month is and alter your DD accordingly.
                  That was my understanding - that in order for the scheme to be viable, there has to be this bulk purchase, which happens once a month.

FWIW, IPSE make no money from operating IPSE Futures, and the only way the CC get their champers party is if tarbera is going to share some of his winnings from the election bet!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I didn't realise you were a candidate - I'd have thought that you'd have mentioned it

(Vote Fiona, Matt, Marc, Sandy and Mark!)

That was my understanding - that in order for the scheme to be viable, there has to be this bulk purchase, which happens once a month.

FWIW, IPSE make no money from operating IPSE Futures, and the only way the CC get their champers party is if tarbera is going to share some of his winnings from the election bet!

I thought I'd slipped that one in so subtly there!

Comment

Working...
                    X