• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ka-Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ka-Boomed

3 months extension 5 weeks before contract end date. Still waiting for that break.... It will come eventually right?

Have one for each month
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      3 months extension 5 weeks before contract end date. Still waiting for that break.... It will come eventually right?
      Yes, if you don't accept the extension.

HTH

Comment

Congratulations, wd

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Still waiting for that break.... It will come eventually right?
            Contractor's quandary. You are gagging for a break but making hay while the sun shines. But still gagging for a break.

Comment

Take the extension but have a week off as well. Best of both

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                Take the extension but have a week off as well. Best of both
                Exactly. Tell the client you are having a week off between contracts and that the renewal should start a week later. That way you still get the full 3 month contract.

Comment

Just take a break with plenty of notice.

No one is going to object to a person being away for a week or two and it will show how dependant they have become of you.

I really don't understand why contractors don't take holidays...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Im with eek on this one.

Yes, there is certain element of making hay whilst the sun shines.... No-one wants to take two weeks off and lose billable days then find out a week later they're on the bench and end up there for 3 months.

But, you're head will pop if you think like this. And it never works out to plan. (My best one was taking a week off when my daughter was born - assumed client would renew again - Id been there 2 years - went back for 3 days left of contract and they didnt renew).

If you've got kids/family as well you cant expect them to suck it up and not have a holiday IMHO. Sure kids aint gonna be impressed that daddy earned £x amount last year but they didnt get to go on holidays.

Personally, I just book hols when I want and dont think of the lost income. Reason I went contracting.

Of course, my holiday might influence my decision to renew sometimes. Like now, extension offered, if I accept then the 3 months will more than pay for the holiday during that time. Although in the past I've been tempted to stay at tulipe clients that are local because its paying for my hol but its been a mistake.....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X