• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Try turning off & back on again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try turning off & back on again.

Whilst they ain't designing stuff like the SR71 anymore, they are designing crap like this:

iTWire - Reboot your Boeing 787 every 248 days

For dear old Freako, this relates to the need to reboot your 787 every 248 days to avoid that heartsinking "loss of control" event.

The AD goes further to add, "If the four main GCUs (associated with the engine mounted generators) were powered up at the same time, after 248 days of continuous power, all four GCUs will go into failsafe mode at the same time, resulting in a loss of all AC electrical power regardless of flight phase."
    Oh fecking Dear(tm).
    Last edited by zeitghost; 13 May 2015, 09:42.

Well that's pretty daft.

There are many workarounds in aerospace engineering, but that one sounds like it could use a proper dose of fixing.

Comment

248.5 days according to my quick calculation. So it's okay on the 248th day for a morning flight. The pilot just needs to make sure the plane is down by lunchtime.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        248.5 days according to my quick calculation. So it's okay on the 248th day for a morning flight. The pilot just needs to make sure the plane is down by lunchtime.
        One way or another, it will be.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          One way or another, it will be.
          Coat sir?

Comment

Working...
          X