• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying cash into the bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying cash into the bank

Sold my old car and the buyer gave me a wodge of twenties and tenners. I was wondering whether I can still go to the bank and get a human to count it in front of me, because these days they want you to put in an envelope and put it in the Ghostbusters machine.

A quick google and there's stories of banks not being able to accept large amounts of cash because of money laundering regulations.

Anyone know? It's about £3K.

Or should I just spend it on one great night of coke and hookers?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Sold my old car and the buyer gave me a wodge of twenties and tenners. I was wondering whether I can still go to the bank and get a human to count it in front of me, because these days they want you to put in an envelope and put it in the Ghostbusters machine.

A quick google and there's stories of banks not being able to accept large amounts of cash because of money laundering regulations.

Anyone know? It's about £3K.

Money laundry regulations are for £9k or above. £3000 should be straight forward
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Stuff it all in your wallet and pockets and feel epic.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Stuff it all in your wallet and pockets and feel epic.
        I thought about taking it out in the pub to pay for a pint then waving it in front of everybody and saying 'Look at my wad!'
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I thought about taking it out in the pub to pay for a pint then waving it in front of everybody and saying 'Look at my wad!'
          Wouldn't do that. You might end up blowing your wad too quickly.....
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Don't trust those damn cash machines....

Comment

How is it illegal to accept legal tender? That's screwed up.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                How is it illegal to accept legal tender? That's screwed up.
                It is not legal tender.... although it might be...

HTH
                Last edited by Dactylion; 13 May 2015, 21:12.

Comment

Oxfordshire hookers are too expensive, fecking southerners.

Take a train to Leeds for a decent yet cheap punt. If you are looking for free stuff, get off the train in Edinburgh. Madam is waiting for you.

Comment

You don't even need someone to count. Go into a bank, the atm would count for you and credit tour account.

Comment

Working...
                    X