• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Alan tells Apprentice Michelle you're fired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last updated at 16:59pm on 24th September 2006

Leaving: Michelle Dewberry is to part company with Sir Alan Sugar

Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry is to part company with Sir Alan Sugar after just four months in the job, according to reports.

The pair have had a series of secret meetings to discuss the ex-check-out girl's future with Sir Alan's Xenon Green computer disposal company, reports a national newspaper. According to the paper, Michelle is set to walk away with a substantial pay-off from Sir Alan.

It comes just months after Michelle and her boyfriend – fellow contestant Syed Ahmed - suffered a miscarriage.

Michelle beat thousands of rivals to win a place on the show, where contestants compete to land a £100,000 a year job with businessman Sir Alan. Millions tuned in to the grand finale when Michelle was hired over rival Ruth Badger.

At the time, Sir Alan said of Michelle: "All Michelle has done in her life has work hard and she has become a great achiever. I found her very focused, very determined, very organised. I’ve got the right girl."

However, a source close to Sir Alan told the Sunday Mirror: "It just hasn't worked out the way either side had hoped. It feels like the whole thing has been cursed. There has been one problem after another, and in the end both decided it was best to call it quits."

The newspaper also revealed that the 26-year-old had in the last fortnight set up her own company, Michelle Dewberry Limited. She has also split from Syed as the pair tried to come to terms with the loss of their baby.

Michelle had a tough childhood growing up on a council estate in Hull and her first job was as a checkout girl in her local Kwik Save. Her older sister, Fiona, was 19 when she plunged to her death from a tower block after becoming involved in drugs.

-----------------

What a load of b*****s that show must have been.

I reckon Ruth Badger should have won. She fit's Sugar's organisation's ethos much better.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Do keep up old chap - he offered her a job, she turned it down...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah but could you see the badger doing the sh1t job that other numpty was meant to do?

Talk about the right person for the wrong job

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Do keep up old chap - he offered her a job, she turned it down...

I said I reckon she should have won. Anyway, she probably would have accepted the job if she'd actually won the show. Instead of which she got treated as second best.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
            I reckon Ruth Badger should have won. She fit's Sugar's organisation's ethos much better.
            Because she's a lesbo?

Comment

Nah. Have you seen the sort of stuff he sells ? Like the Jukebox multiple CD player on the first series ?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Because she's a lesbo?
                No, because the job was beneath her skills.

Mailman

Comment

The badger may drink from the furry cup, but, she's a bully!

She glows bright read when she's angry and cannot control her self. She has no place in management of any kind.

Churchill - In "Starting company sponsored MBA soon" mode!

Comment

Agreed, she is a bully BUT generally those at the top rungs of the ladder havent got there because they are nice and agreeable sorts of people.

BUT she does achieve results and is "very determined" to get things done

Id prefer if we all just got along...sometimes though you need a bully at the top to get results. The trick comes in managing that bullying so it becomes a positive factor instead of a negative!

She did tone her approach down in the last couple of shows though...that at least shows she is capable of taking advice from others.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X