• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Web Hosting / Domain Registration ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Web Hosting / Domain Registration ?

Any recommedations for a 10 page site ? Don't want any adverts...

I use lowcostnames (LCN). Not as cheap as some, but OK. Cost about £50 for a .com and basic hosting. A client of mine uses Nildram and they reckon they're good.

PS. Easyspace =
    Last edited by oraclesmith; 24 September 2006, 22:45.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Hi,

I use 123-reg to register the domains (if it's a .co.uk) and then use PowWeb.com as my hosting service. They do some good deals if you pay for 2 years in advance (which isn't too expensive), plus have a free site builder service that you can use to build your site.

Alternatively, they have a standard installer for some good open source code, such as Wikimedia, Joomla, blogs, forums etc. etc. which are deal easy to work with. They also do free .com registration if you take out a year (I think).

I'm sure that there are cheaper, but I have a number of sites done this way.

HTH.

Comment

I use these guys, www.webtapestry.net, really good value for money.

Comment

For web hosting try http://www.ardescosolutions.com, a bit of blatent self pimpage but if you are looking for Linux hosting with excellent uptime it is worth checking out and i like to think the prices are quite reasonable.

Comment

i use the company http://www.ixwebhosting.com

Host Multiple Domains 2
            Web Space - 100 GB
            1 Free Domain Regs - Free For Life!
            Dedicated IP Addresses 2
            Data Transfer - NEW! 1,000 GB
            Sub Domains - NEW! 100
            Free Site Builder -
            Free 24/7 Support

the 24/7 support is great!... (if you need it.)

$3.95 a month... you can't go wrong

Comment

I clicked your link and got "Error occured! Our development team has been notified. Please try again later! " Nice one, and they can't even spell.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by able
                i use the company http://www.ixwebhosting.com

$3.95 a month... you can't go wrong

the 24/7 support is great!... (if you need it.)
                Well, 24/7 would be useful even just to peruse the site. In actual fact, you couldn't even get a certificate of Quality from these jokers. Great for non-critical brochureware and knitting sites.

What a nice message of:

"Error occured! Our development team has been notified. Please try again later!"

Spelling obviously straight out of the school of Borat, Kazakhstan.

Quality. Here's how to go wrong big time.

Nice recommendation able - let's hope you're not in the business of recommending software and business advice.

P.S The development team are obviously down the pub drinking up the venture capitalist's investment...
                Last edited by hyperD; 25 September 2006, 23:58.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It's always a good idea to have the domain name and website hosted by two different people. Gives you more flexibility to buy cheap names/hosting deals and move it around if you need to.

Do you already have your 10 pages built? Or at least an idea of what you want on them? Do you already have, or have an idea of a domain name? What's your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                    I clicked your link and got "Error occured! Our development team has been notified. Please try again later! " Nice one, and they can't even spell.
                    Personally I’ve had no problems with them and have never seen that error message before. I’m really quite surprised that you clicked the link and got that error message 1st time... (not implying that you are a liar) but I’m beginning to understand that by entering the contracting game that there will be a few unsavoury types out there who will try many tricks to trip up their competitors and discredit them. Good lesson for all you fellow newbie’s.

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Spelling obviously straight out of the school of Borat, Kazakhstan.
                    As far as the spelling is concerned, the web hosting is run by yanks... what do you expect?? They spell loads of words wrong: colour/color, realise/realize, cheque/check… the list goes on… but the one thing with the yanks that you do get; is a lot more for your money's worth… and good customer service.

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Well, 24/7 would be useful even just to peruse the site. In actual fact, you couldn't even get a certificate of Quality from these jokers. Great for non-critical brochureware and knitting sites.
                    Certificate of Quality?... You must be joking. Isn’t that what food companies apply for? I bet you buy you coffee from the manufacturers with the golden made-up *bullsh!t* “certificate of quality” seal of approval. Actually I take that back, didn’t Enron have a certificate of quality? Ahhh, we can all sleep easy now.

Anyway, that's enough of that. All teabag wanted was advice on a cheap hosting service without any adverts and domain registration. Any recommendations hyperD?

Comment

Working...
                    X