• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CSA query???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA query???

Hi,
    I wondered if someone could possibly give me some advice with regard to the CSA. I have recently changed jobs and become a contractor. Previously I was employed and paid the CSA 25% of my gross income. Because I am contractor now, and have my own limited company, the company has gained a reasonable profit over a short amount of time. Although I do pay myself, I keep a majority of that money in the company and intend that to be the case in future. Actually I pay myself exactly what I used to do when I was employed, so there is effectively no difference in my personal gross pay. Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could please explain to me if I will pay any extra and what happens to the profit in my company.

Thanks for your time and hope you can help???

Do the best by your kids.

It's down to you and your conscience, if you are earning more do you want to keep it to yourself?

Comment

Technically the CSA payment is xx of Salary, as opposed to Dividends.

However the CSA do have an option to get annual figures off company directors. Termed as people who can control their income.

My advice, if you are still on good terms with the other parent, agree a suitable monthly amount, extended if possible. If not an option, maybe be a little up front with the CSA, to prevent future issues.

Comment

Lots of information on CSA and LTD situations here...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CS...GzNcHZ7ga62IBw

You know you are losing out big style in the long run by not running your company efficiently?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Lots of information on CSA and LTD situations here...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CS...GzNcHZ7ga62IBw

You know you are losing out big style in the long run by not running your company efficiently?
          Unless 'pay' includes dives perhaps.

Comment

Working...
          X