• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat rate VAT scheme Quarterly returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat rate VAT scheme Quarterly returns

Hi.

Is it possible to do my own quarterly returns for the VAT Flat Rate Scheme without an accountant? Is there a guide or leaflet I could read that would help me learn how to do it myself?

Yes.

Add up all the gross invoice values. Put that number in box 6.

Multiply that by the percentage you pay. Put that number in box 1 and 3 (assuming there's no EU VAT to pay, which goes in box 2)
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sander View Post
      Hi.

Is it possible to do my own quarterly returns for the VAT Flat Rate Scheme without an accountant? Is there a guide or leaflet I could read that would help me learn how to do it myself?
      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...our-vat-return

Paragraph 7.5 tells you how to fill it in.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bearing in mind you can't do it, can't be bothered to do any research and can't even post in the right place when asking strangers do you not think it's about time to get an accountant?? You might think you know what you are doing but are you not worried about not doing the things you don't know about?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Yes.

Add up all the gross invoice values. Put that number in box 6.

Multiply that by the percentage you pay. Put that number in box 1 and 3 (assuming there's no EU VAT to pay, which goes in box 2)
          Hi Thanks a lot ......appreciate your help !

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            https://www.gov.uk/government/public...our-vat-return

Paragraph 7.5 tells you how to fill it in.
            Hi Dave ..thanks a lot ..appreciate your help

Comment

Working...
            X