• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince Charles letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince Charles letters

Anything interesting in them ? Any royal scandals ? Has he told the government to keep a close eye on Kate and her where abouts?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Some fascinating discussions about the Patagonian Toothfish...

Comment

I think they're all pretty creditable and put Prince Charles in a good light.

Also, Jack Straw has gone up in my estimation for saying they should never have been published.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think they should not have been published but now they have been the contents are pretty reasonable. The Guardian must be sick as a dog that they pursued this for 10 years.

Comment

It seems to me that the problem, and it is a glaring problem for a democracy, is not the detail of Prince Charles's interventions but the very fact that he is constitutionally allowed to intervene at all.

Comment

I don't really know why a series of letters would be though of as intervening in democracy, it's not like he is advocating a tax on serfs to start a war with France or something.

I have not actually read them but only noticed a front page in a Scottish tabloid saying he wrote to Blair and told him that the army needed more equipment for soldiers on front line duty in Iraq. If that is the biggest headline they can find then I really can't be arsed reading the rest.

He actually seems a reasonable old git, he has advocated removing the act of settlement to government on a few occasion only to be told that it is not a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I have not actually read them but only noticed a front page in a Scottish tabloid saying he wrote to Blair and told him that the army needed more equipment for soldiers on front line duty in Iraq. If that is the biggest headline they can find then I really can't be arsed reading the rest.
              So like with the Chelsea Barracks affair he intervened on the side of the public.

The Queen actually intervenes as every week or so the Prime Minister has an audience with her that is completely secret.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think people have to look up intervene in the dictionary before we go further with this thread.

Comment

Agree. And I agree the army was under equipped. It is not surprising Charles should stand up for the forces, since his mother is their head and he will likely be one day.

Comment

I think people have to look up intervene in the dictionary before we go further with this thread.
                    So having "secret" meetings with the Prime Minister of the day is not suspect?

You can say things to people and by the tone of your voice alter their actions.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X