• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AIBU ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIBU ...

... to feel just a tad miffed that the checkout woman in Sainsbury's NEVER asks me to prove I'm over 25.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    ... to feel just a tad miffed that the checkout woman in Sainsbury's NEVER asks me to prove I'm over 25.
    When you signed up with CUK, the site asked you if you were over 18 though.....but I am sure that was for a different reason

Comment

Over 25? Why 25, is that their age thingummy?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Over 25? Why 25, is that their age thingummy?
        I think it's a safety net - if you look over 25, you're likely to be over 21.

Edit: Haven't a clue - why 21? It would be 18. I was buying 16 paracetamol - not sure what nefarious activities a 17 year old could get up to with them...

Comment

Sainsbury's | What is your THINK 25 policy?

What is your THINK 25 policy?

As a responsible retailer, it's really important to us that age restricted products don't end up in the hands of those underage. We're not only legally obliged to do this, but also recognise the importance of this as part of our company value to make a positive difference to our communities.

We also recognise how difficult it can be for our colleagues to judge the age of someone in their mid-late teens or early twenties. Someone who looks 18 could easily be 16, likewise they could easily be 20 or 22. It's less likely however, that they'll be 25. For this reason, we ask all colleagues to check the age of anyone buying restricted products who they believe to be under 25.

Comment

Oh please, who are you trying to kid.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My eldest did this once, he asked a customer if she could prove she was over 25. She thanked him for thinking she was so young - she was actually 33!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Oh please, who are you trying to kid.

I aspire to be that lady!

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
                  My eldest did this once, he asked a customer if she could prove she was over 25. She thanked him for thinking she was so young - she was actually 33!
                  Yes, a very elderly train conductor asked me if I had a young person's railcard. I snogged him right there on the spot.

Comment

Thats because you use a checkout woman. Try a man...

Personally I use the self serve these days. Though I wonder how much gets nicked...

Comment

Working...
                    X