• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Successful Cukker Ever since the 90's!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Successful Cukker Ever since the 90's!

We've all had Plan B's for years.

I joined CUK back in the late 90's a young, ripped, incredibly gifted Crystal Reports developer with a dream to own my own high quality furniture shops & be a millionaire by the time I hit 30!
    Sasguru thought everyone else was a cretin & planned to retire to Hampshire tending his shed, while his gifted Lawyer wife went out to work and he slept with the gardner.
    Zeity dreamt of not being bored.
    DimPrawn was going to marry a hot model, invest in Gold and basically be a billionaire (assuming his 1st, 2nd, 3rd wives didn;t take him to the cleaner first)
    MilanBenes was going to write that Plan B software in .Net & be rich
    AtW, was going to knock up some SEO project, move out of his bedsit, lose his virginity & buy a sofa.
    Churchill was going to sell the giant chip on his shoulder to TestMangler & open a Laundrette bleaching sheets white
    Threaded was going to use his time machine to go back and invest at the right time to buy his Lambo
    Chico, was going to move to Syria and start a new cult
    Admin was going to buy NamesFacesPlaces & beat Zuckerberg to Facebook
    & Eternal Optimist, was going to...erm, was going to to, err? I have no idea.

Who's been the most successful?
    MF
    3.85%
    Sasguru
    7.69%
    DimPrawn
    3.85%
    Churchill
    3.85%
    AtW
    9.62%
    Chico
    3.85%
    Admin
    3.85%
    MilanBenes
    3.85%
    EternalOptimist
    5.77%
    Threaded
    3.85%
    Zeity
    7.69%
    Admin
    3.85%
    AndyW
    3.85%
    AndyW's Mum
    25.00%
    Some other Cukker we can't remember
    9.62%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Given that you are a permie and NOT a contractor, should you even be on the list?
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      Given that you are a permie and NOT a contractor, should you even be on the list?
      Amen to that, I think to call yourself a successful contractor you have to either earn your living contracting* or from a plan B, not be some muppet who has sold their principals for a parking space, pension, and dental care.

* or be sitting with your feet up on a voluntary bench, wondering whether you can be arsed to take just one more or to rearrange your portfolio and retire to the country...

Comment

On the basis that AndyW's mum is a mandatory option on all polls it's got to be her. She must be the most voted for individual in CUK history.

Comment

MF knows very well what I have been doing.
          I will continue my search for someone whose bum-hole is perfectly interchangeable with their gob. That way, when their gob wears out, through constant over-use, we can switch them round and they can talk through their @rse without anyone noticing.

I think I have identified a candidate but fear the switch may already have been made

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            On the basis that AndyW's mum is a mandatory option on all polls it's got to be her. She must be the most voted for individual in CUK history.
            AndyW's mum is sitting on a fortune, and is one of Labour's "hard working women"

Comment

The successful ones aren't going to be posting on here about it.

PRC and n5gooner had "real" businesses and haven't been seen for a while.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                The successful ones aren't going to be posting on here about it.

PRC and n5gooner had "real" businesses and haven't been seen for a while.
                Pah, probably bankrupt and digging through a bin behind Tesco as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Least successful: Zeity: ZeityBoredNow(tm)

Looking on the bright side: less than 1000 excruciating days to go.
                  Labour Party has already raided your pension pot and / or the Insurance company failed to deliver the returns promised & the State Pension is seriously reduced for those that contracted out to SERPS
                  What will keep you in your dotage?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

... and wasn't Chico a sockie?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X