• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deadwood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadwood.

So yet another HBO series ends with a whimper, not a bang.

Just like Carnivale, only a season more.

Best TV for the last two years!

Aren't they doing a couple of 2 hour specials.

I think they came unstuck with the fact it was based on real characters and a real town as well as each episode being a day-in-the-life-of Deadwood.

Comment

They, quote, "didn't take up the option on the actors' contracts" so I don't know who will be starring in the specials.

Comment

Deadwood? HBO series? Carnivale? What ARE you rambling about now Z?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Deadwood...as the man said so much swearing ...for no practical purpose but very watchable ... but really just another crack in the veneer of civilisation
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            So yet another HBO series ends with a whimper, not a bang.

Just like Carnivale, only a season more.
            They do that on American TV, since pointless pap seems to get more audiences. Wake me up when 'I'm a celebrity nobody, get me on camera , and a hello magazine photoshoot, quick' has finished!

Sci-fi has cancelled Stargate SG1 - not only the longest running Sci-fi programme in US TV History (Star Trek does not count it was 5 series and none ran as long), it was also one of it's highest audiences (BSG would beat it) when they ran it on a Friday - audiences slumped when moved to a Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
              Sci-fi has cancelled Stargate SG1 - not only the longest running Sci-fi programme in US TV History (Star Trek does not count it was 5 series and none ran as long), it was also one of it's highest audiences (BSG would beat it) when they ran it on a Friday - audiences slumped when moved to a Wednesday.
              Nooooo ..........
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                Nooooo ..........
                Visit http://www.savestargate.com/ and do your bit!

Comment

The US programs seem to be written for follow on series rather than a decent storyline anyway. Lost and Prison Break are cases in point...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                  X