• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rediscovering Your Youth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rediscovering Your Youth

Over the weekend I found some Lego, about 2Kg of the stuff.

Took me back to my youth when I used to play Smashup’s with my cousin. (Both built a car then ran then into each other at high speed until there was only one)

Could not resist and started to play this with my kids.

It was so much fun I bought over 20Kg off Ebay.

Kids love it and so did I – Looks like the cars are going to get bigger and bigger
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Get Meccano as well, before it goes the way of airfix ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hehe...lego rocks! As a kid I always wanted lego because all the really cool stuff was made by those french dawgs!

However, this being 1970's NZ lego cost about the same as a small car!

Never fear though, Im currently making up for lost time with the lego star wars game...wooohooo!

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Lego...

Playmobil is what real men use.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Get Meccano as well, before it goes the way of airfix ...
          Absolutley! Meccano Uber Alles!

Oh! I long for the days when boys were men!

You could never get your fingers to bleed after a hard day of 'Lego' like you could after hand-tightening those little square brass nuts with your fingers (because you'd lost the little spanner thingy down the back of the settee once again).

Kids are so utterly crap these days that they'd have no idea what to do with an Airfix kit, or a Hornby train set, or a Scalectrix, or a box of Meccano. Give 'em a GameBoy and an ounce of skunk and they're away - useless little w@nkers
          Last edited by bogeyman; 25 September 2006, 19:27.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I just sold my 45KG of Lego to someone about 6 months ago . Lego 12v trains were the best.

Apart from that, I mis-spent my youth in the woods with improvised explosives knocking over trees :P
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I have found that the blood of adolescent virgins works well. Male or female is fine, but there aren't many female teenage virgins around here.

AtW would be considered too old.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                I have found that the blood of adolescent virgins works well. Male or female is fine, but there aren't many female teenage virgins around here.

AtW would be considered too old.
                And too fat

Comment

I loved my Lego, but have no idea how many kg of it I had. All I know is it was heavy...
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                    Apart from that, I mis-spent my youth in the woods with improvised explosives knocking over trees :P
                    I know someone else who did that. Have you ever worked at Abbey National in Glasgow?

Comment

Working...
                    X