• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold off the purchase...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold off the purchase...

UK inflation rate turns negative - BBC News

It will get cheaper...

I remember many on CUK prophesying QE would lead to hyper inflation.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It has led to hyperinflation, massive inflation of global assets such as property, bonds and the stock market.

Average house prices in London to hit £1 million by 2030 - Home News - UK - The Independent
      New 33% property tax in NZ for sales within two years of purchase
      Ontario
      U.S. Stocks Rally; S&P 500 Closes at a Record - WSJ
      Records tumble at New York art auctions - Business Insider

etc

The negative inflation being measured here are consumable goods, which are not rising in price as people are unable to pay more for them due to falling incomes.

Comment

£1m house prices in 2030 is inflation of ~11% (based on average price of £200k today which I guessed), that's not hyper-inflation.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          £1m house prices in 2030 is inflation of ~11% (based on average price of £200k today which I guessed), that's not hyper-inflation.
          Okay, cool, nothing to worry about then, it's all good, carry on. More QE please, it's makes everything cheaper and cheaper and soon it will all be free.

Jam tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I remember many on CUK prophesying QE would lead to hyper inflation.
            Not me - Been saying for ages that we were heading for deflation.

If it goes on, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in some form of deposit tax, with people and especially companies being taxed on long-term savings.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Luckily we don't have deflation. We only have negative inflation...

Comment

So what is exactly getting cheaper (causing deflation)? Is it housing costs, energy, food, transport?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  So what is exactly getting cheaper (causing deflation)? Is it housing costs, energy, food, transport?

NLYUK is having a sale.

Comment

CPI figures are a complete lie.
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 19 May 2015, 10:11.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X