• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost my Passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my Passport

F U C K ! ! !

Was going on holiday tomorrow. Started looking saturday, turned the whole house over. Remember sending it to city link as proof of indentity 8 weeks ago. Missus reckons it didnt come back as she opened my mail, but I vaguely remember it being in an envelope - which has been thrown away!!!!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Express

I know the UK -passport office does do express passports , I know they do 48 hours but not sure about your timeframe

You will pay through your ringpiece though :-(

Phone them and see what you can do. If you say it was stolen they may be abloe to issue you with emregency travel docs
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Renewals can be fast tracked in 48hrs. Lost passports 6-10 days. Going up to london tomorrow.

Comment

New Info

http://www.passportadvisor.co.uk/index2.html

My mate in the office reckons £95 and you can get in 4 hours from the main passport office in London.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Have you seen this?

http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_...ing_urgent.asp

"If you need to travel in less than two weeks you should make an urgent application for a new passport. Your first step should be to call our Adviceline on 0870 521 0410 and make an appointment at one of our offices."
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just say you sold it to an asylum seeker.

HTH

Comment

"http://www.passportadvisor.co.uk/index2.html

My mate in the office reckons £95 and you can get in 4 hours from the main passport office in London."

Done that already. Its bollocks. Ring it and see what it does. Disgraceful.

Comment

I've found you get it done in Newport Wales quicker. Three times I had passports issued on the same day. The last time it took three hours (passport lost in the post). London is far too busy. Give them a ring.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"on 0870 521 0410 and make an appointment at one of our " - Done that. 6 days - going to London tomorrow.

Daughters first holiday.

Comment

Hang on...., if you're going to a European country you can get a cardboard passport at the local post office, costs a few quid.

Only valid in certain countries but most holiday destinations are on it, valid for a few weeks I think.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X