• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In or Out of the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In or Out of the EU

I am an "out" supported by companies like Airbus or maybe not

Airbust: Plane Stupid EU Spin Contradiction -  Guido Fawkes
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I am sure there will be a lot of 'shaking it all about' before the vote

Comment

The UK should do what it voted for in 1975. Be part of a common market.

Presumably though, if we vote against the EU, we will be asked to vote again until we give the right answer?

Comment

Out, of course. The opinions of multi nationals that can up sticks whenever they want is less important than our rights to govern and legislate ourselves and control our own borders. "they" get more out of our being in the EU than we do. F**K the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
          Out, of course. The opinions of multi nationals that can up sticks whenever they want is less important than our rights to govern and legislate ourselves and control our own borders. "they" get more out of our being in the EU than we do. F**K the EU.
          Its only their tax haven that changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The UK should do what it voted for in 1975
            40 years ago? Half the people who voted then are now dead, and half the people alive today didn't vote.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would have to think carefully and listen to the arguments, but right now I lean towards out. Reasons: The lack of democracy in the EU. The poor behaviour of the EU. The expansionist ambitions of the EU, which have lead to trouble inside and outside its borders. It seems the leaders of the EU want to be a federal state (like the US) but also want to avoid democracy (a bit like Russia).

Comment

If the electorate had been consulted over the years about the increased control the EU has over us I think there would be fewer calls for a vote. Of course that may well be the intention.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  40 years ago? Half the people who voted then are now dead, and half the people alive today didn't vote.
                  And those that voted did not vote for the EU we have now.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Can you imagine if every new prospective membership relied on a union-wide referendum?

Actually, have we ever had a union-wide referendum?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X