• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why don't they just change their religion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they just change their religion?

If these people are being persecuted for their religious beliefs to the point that they are prepared to risk their lives on a rusty boat in the middle of the Ocean why dont they simply change their religion? Malaysia orders search for boatpeople as Myanmar hosts talks
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

And lets change our language to German.

Comment

It is ridiculous to suggest that people can change their supernatural, invisible friend on a whim, delusions are sometimes too strong to alter.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        If these people are being persecuted for their religious beliefs to the point that they are prepared to risk their lives on a rusty boat in the middle of the Ocean why dont they simply change their religion? Malaysia orders search for boatpeople as Myanmar hosts talks
        Why don't you just stop being a twat?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Blackadder: It is so often the way, sir, too late one thinks of what one should have said. Sir Thomas More, for instance, burned alive for refusing to recant his Catholicism, must have been kicking himself, as the flames licked higher, that it never occurred to him to say, "I recant my Catholicism"
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
            It is ridiculous to suggest that people can change their supernatural, invisible friend on a whim, delusions are sometimes too strong to alter.
            You're sooo edgy! Good on you, recapturing your youth and keeping yourself on par with those 14 year olds who troll forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              You're sooo edgy! Good on you, recapturing your youth and keeping yourself on par with those 14 year olds who troll forums.
              Typical reply from a sad God botherer.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Why don't you just stop being a twat?
                So dickhead what would you do?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  Typical reply from a sad God botherer.
                  I don't believe I've mentioned whether I have any mode of religious beliefs or not? However, I do understand that some people do, and can give them the respect of not going out of my way to belittle or insult them, even if I don't share their beliefs.

It's one of those "being an adult about things" situations that you may one day understand.

Of course, there are groups who I will happily belittle or mock, but when I do I try to be a little bit inventive or original about how I do it. Your comment just demonstrates a lack of intelligence on your part, that you couldn't even make an interesting insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    However, I do understand that some people do, and can give them the respect of not going out of my way to belittle or insult them, even if I don't share their beliefs.
                    That proves you are a better person than I am.
                    I am unable to offer people of any religion anything other than derision and contempt.

Comment

Working...
                    X