• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to dispose of VHS tapes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to dispose of VHS tapes

Just dug up a load of old family VHS tapes, mainly crap so don't want to go through the hassle of converting them to DVD etc, but whats the best way to safely destroy the tapes so they can't be played short of burning them?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just dug up a load of old family VHS tapes, mainly crap so don't want to go through the hassle of converting them to DVD etc, but whats the best way to safely destroy the tapes so they can't be played short of burning them?
    Just write your name on them, that will guarantee they will never be seen.

Comment

Short of burning them if you want to erase them a feckoff big magnet is about it unless you record over each one.

Comment

I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

"family"? Yeah right! Its you and eek isn't it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            "family"? Yeah right! Its you and eek isn't it.....
            That was last year so we had moved on to digital by then
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Go for a drive into the country, unspool all the tape and chuck it out the window.

It'll provide a moment of nostalgia for dog walkers when they see all that brown tape festooning the hedgerows.

Comment

New way of making a ferrofluid. Costs less than 3$!!!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Borrow or buy a Degausser
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Blend them.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X