• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: day 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: day 1

Ok, so I am overweight. And no this is not threaded. You probably are also overweight, but just in denial. Most likely you are married or "test please delete" thread sums up your sex life. Unlike you I decided to do something about it.

Here is day 1 of my weight loss diary:

09:00 CUK Forum link removed from easily accessible bar in a bid to increase productivity and improve mental health.

12:00 Healthy jog for 30 mins to make me swet unneeded pounds, nice shower afterwards - weight readings taken before and after jog.

13:00 Healthy lunch: 2 free range boiled eggs, 2 small cut tomatoes, a few rings of cucumbers, little boiled veg on the side. Very little salt and mayo on eggs. Drink - tomato juice. All chewed thouroughly.

Stay tuned for more such posts in the future.

Are you still masturbating vigorously to aid in toning your arms? Remember when you get to 99, change hands.

HTH
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Stay tuned for more such posts in the future.
      I can't wait ...

PS Losing weight is easy. Eat less, exercise more.
      HTH.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
        Are you still masturbating vigorously to aid in toning your arms? Remember when you get to 99, change hands.

HTH
        You get to 99?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm not overweight, you fat ****er.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

atW is Threaded and I claim my crisp fiver.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Overweight contractor diary day 1 (for TheMonkey who is NOT losing weight because I trust the medical profession to save me...):

07:00 - Get woken up by daughter, eat bowl of shreddies with 2 spoons of sugar.
              07:30 - Down a mini mars bar.
              08:30 - Leave for work, chugging a red bull
              10:30 - Eat an apple danish that someone was kind enough to leave for me in the fridge in the office.
              11:30 - Top up with some Penn state pretzels.
              12:30 - Hit subway for a footlong meatball marinara, a full fat coke and some doritos...
              13:35 - another mars bar

Scheduled:

16:30 - A banana
              19:45 - Dinner consisting of chicken casserole, dumplings and rice followed by ben and jerrys apple pie ice cream.
              22:50 - Supper - another bowl of shreddies with tons of sugar
              23:50 - bed.

Stay tuned. Next week - coronary.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                12:00 Healthy jog for 30 mins to make me swet unneeded pounds, nice shower afterwards - weight readings taken before and after jog.
                No offence but why?? You aren't going to have any noticable difference in weight before and after a 30 min jog...

And I must admit I am overweight too, but according to the doctors and thier BMI charts when I was 19, skinny as a rake and going to kung-fu competitions to get my arse kicked.. erm i mean compete I was aparently borderline obese. Last time I went to the doctor I was classified as medically obese despite the fact that while overweight i'm not a blob of fat, i'm just short.

With this in mind BMI is a load of old tosh, everybody knows that muscle wieghs more than fat but BMI is calculated purely on weight/height calculations. Most people with a decent amount of muscle will probably be classified as borderline obese/obese if they aren't very tall.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Ok, so I am overweight. And no this is not threaded. You probably are also overweight, but just in denial. Most likely you are married or "test please delete" thread sums up your sex life. Unlike you I decided to do something about it.
                  Yep, over weight, but not in denial. Started going to the gym two weeks ago.

3 times a week. 30 mins Cardiovascular 45 mins free weights.

Lost 5 lbs, and an inch off the waist line, so far which is not bad considering that I am gaining muscle - which is heavier than fat - as well as working off the spare tyre.

Started at 225 lbs. Target is 210 but with a better body fat percentage. Ie More muscle and less fat.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    No offence but why?? You aren't going to have any noticable difference in weight before and after a 30 min jog...

And I must admit I am overweight too, but according to the doctors and thier BMI charts when I was 19, skinny as a rake and going to kung-fu competitions to get my arse kicked.. erm i mean compete I was aparently borderline obese. Last time I went to the doctor I was classified as medically obese despite the fact that while overweight i'm not a blob of fat, i'm just short.

With this in mind BMI is a load of old tosh, everybody knows that muscle wieghs more than fat but BMI is calculated purely on weight/height calculations. Most people with a decent amount of muscle will probably be classified as borderline obese/obese if they aren't very tall.

Yep, BMI is rubbish. You're better off using something like this...

http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X