• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me, or....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or....

Has CUK turned of images in posts?

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Moderators did it following complaints about test please delete. By the looks of things FG was on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      off
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Mr CUK Admin,

Who complained?

And was it a bandwidth issue with other companies/websites or a release of member material (yak yak) on a free public site?

When you say "fairly scary official complaints" is that the old American "we'll sue you for $10m" type thing or did you get a whore's head in your bed?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

That's quite depressing i haven't had a chance to peruse my way through the extensive archives yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            That's quite depressing i haven't had a chance to peruse my way through the extensive archives yet...

The links are still there so you can click them individuually if you want. I'm sure some nice person out there ( in this forum? Yeah, right...) can knock up a bit of script to scrape all the links from the thread and then go retrive the appropriate images for you all in one go.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Worse thing is, you cannot just post a picture that says a thousand words... a very sad day for freedom of speech...

Why is it the embittered minority want to ruin it for the normal majority?

Why do we live in a society now where the bitter few can dictate the status quo because of political correctness and the lack of strong leadership?

The paradigm of universal humour binds us as a race of men, and yet, these cowardly, spineless vampires (such as Johann Hari) wish this to be removed from our lives.

Look at the fracas with Hammond and Top Gear - from out of the woodwork these malevolent creatures of misery spew their bile of contempt for all things borne from the fountain of life, but fortunately the silent majority have awoken and are challenging this cancer that attempts to destroy the very essence of humanity.

Perhaps CUK administration will follow and allow it's biggest customers to post images of humour once again or forever damn the board into zero click-throughs and zero revenue...
              Last edited by hyperD; 25 September 2006, 23:45.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It would have been better just to disallow posting xxx images rather than ban them all - how can I now use proper emoticons from old ezboard?

Comment

what a tragedy
                  i have lost the will to live
                  atleast FG can reveal where his picture source now

Comment

Who complained?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X