• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boundary changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boundary changes

So Cameron is going to reduce the number of MPs from 650 to 600. That seems easy. Reduce the 59 Scottish constituencies to just 9. This also has the advantage of reducing Scottish influence over English-only issues.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

He's also going to reduce them in NE England e.g. the 3 constituencies who always return their votes first.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      So Cameron is going to reduce the number of MPs from 650 to 600. That seems easy. Reduce the 59 Scottish constituencies to just 9. This also has the advantage of reducing Scottish influence over English-only issues.
      You had your chance to get rid of all 59 and reduce Scottish influence to zero, but you had to come up and beg us to stay with your vow and promising the moon along with a megaton of FUD. Now you will have to pay the price

Comment

Scottish population is 8.4% of the UK -- if it's exactly prorata, it should be 50 Scottish seats. 29 for Wales, 17 for NI, 504 for England.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          Scottish population is 8.4% of the UK -- if it's exactly prorata, it should be 50 Scottish seats. 29 for Wales, 17 for NI, 504 for England.
          I would take anything NAT says with a pinch of salt, given his history of racism.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I would take anything NAT says with a pinch of salt, given his history of racism.
            Racist?

Shirley Knot!

Ignorant of Irish history, I'd agree with you.

Hello everyone and possibly goodbye when NAT reads his PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Racist?

Shirley Knot!

Welcome back
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Racist?

Shirley Knot!

yeah dude, welcome back, however brief
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  You had your chance to get rid of all 59 and reduce Scottish influence to zero, but you had to come up and beg us to stay with your vow and promising the moon along with a megaton of FUD. Now you will have to pay the price
                  Honestly, if the vote had been for the rest of the UK as to whether to kick Scotland out I expect the result would have been very different!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    Honestly, if the vote had been for the rest of the UK as to whether to kick Scotland out I expect the result would have been very different!
                    Did you see Sturgeon is claiming that the EU referendum should have to have a majority in each of the four nations to pass? She doesn't want the English to drag Scotland out of Europe.

I guess the next Scottish referendum should have to have a majority in each Scottish council area to pass, too. Orkney and Shetland don't want the Glaswegians to drag them out of the UK, after all.

Comment

Working...
                    X