• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

technically to good for the role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

technically to good for the role

Strange one for you guys.

Had a telephone interview on Friday for a position for a charity, interview went really well and answered all the questions put forward on a technical basis.

Anyway called the agent today and he said "They really liked you and thought you had excellent technical skills but choose someone with less technical skills as you might be too advanced for the business"

Any of you guys experienced this or is the agent telling me a porkie pie ??

It means the other IT folk at the charity are probably incompetent and/or lazy. You had a good escape...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

code for 'we want to pay less than your rate, so we'll take someone cheaper'

Comment

A platitude. You weren't good enough, move on...

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
          Strange one for you guys.

Anyway called the agent today and he said "They really liked you and thought you had excellent technical skills but choose someone with less technical skills as you might be too advanced for the business"
          ?
          eddie1507 this is too much of a coincidence, I had a f2f interview last Wed, flew down met them. Interview went very well and they said I was a very good fit for the role, they liked me, no negatives. Agent told me that there was only myself and one other person in the running. Got a call this morning from the agent who said the same as yours word for word. He added that they were a bit worried that given my very wide experience I might get bored. The charity was related to Cancer. Is this the same role or just a coincidence

Comment

Yampy that does sound very strange ... No this wasn't .... Where was that role based out of could be a separate part of the business ??

What's your skill set ??

Comment

Probably right guys just never really heard that before ... Spose they don't want someone who they think may rock the boat..
              I did tell the agent that wasn't me and hope I didn't come across that way

Comment

Based in Sutton with some days in Chelsea. My skill set is around infrastructure PM and service delivery

Comment

No mate not the same such a strange coincidence though ....

Comment

Just to rule out total coincidence was the agency Eurobase

Comment

Working...
                    X