• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short term overseas contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short term overseas contract

I have been offered a contract role for 4 months in Austria. I am a kiwi and need a visa to work in the UK or Austria but a UK company has suggested the best way to manage this would be to transfer my work permit to them and have the contracting company pay them and they will pay me a salary, minus their commission. As it is less that 6 months I should be able to work in Austria saying I am on a business trip (as long as I am not present for more than 90 days at a time).

My question is as an alternative and a much cheaper solution is it possible for me to set up a UK limited company (or have a friend with residency set it up) before my current visa expires and have the contracting company pay into my/my friends UK account. I would not have a UK work permit as I am not actually working in the UK is it required? Seems there is something I am missing so I would appreciate any advice.

Claim asylum, get a free council house, work wherever you like, pay no taxes, and go home *.

That's what everyone else from outside the EU does.

* This part is optional.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Just do what you like.

Laws, regulations and legislation only apply to the indiginous population of the UK.

Comment

I find these roles work best if you have a ******* PASSPORT!!!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Salzburgbound
          I have been offered a contract role for 4 months in Austria. I am a kiwi and need a visa to work in the UK or Austria but a UK company has suggested the best way to manage this would be to transfer my work permit to them and have the contracting company pay them and they will pay me a salary, minus their commission. As it is less that 6 months I should be able to work in Austria saying I am on a business trip (as long as I am not present for more than 90 days at a time).

My question is as an alternative and a much cheaper solution is it possible for me to set up a UK limited company (or have a friend with residency set it up) before my current visa expires and have the contracting company pay into my/my friends UK account. I would not have a UK work permit as I am not actually working in the UK is it required? Seems there is something I am missing so I would appreciate any advice.

In other words you’re on the fiddle with visas. P&*% off!
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
            Claim asylum, get a free council house, work wherever you like, pay no taxes, and go home *.

That's what everyone else from outside the EU does.

* This part is optional.
            Even if they do threaten to send you home just say you are a muslim and then tell them they are infringing your human rights and that cherie wouldnt be very happy about it!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
            X