• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northern Power House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Power House

What a complete waste of time, even as a honorary northerner, the main problem is that to compete with London you need a single area to lure businesses away, however you can't throw money at a single northern city without cries of being unfair from others, so what you'll end up with is Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds all being the "power house" and all coming up short as they try to share the title while all individually competing from investment and businesses to leave London

This will never happen as London has the prestige, the govt will never move from London so all the lobbyists etc will stay there, the banks will not leave London after moving to Canary Wharf. Companies may make a token move some of their back office staff out of London, which means they can pay staff less, but HQ's won't move again because of the prestige and the links that are already in London, also as the big boys won't take the pay cut that comes with not living in London.

London is the hub of the UK business, it's never gonna change
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

So what do they do? Leave London as the centre of investment and the rest of the country too rot?

If they can start business up there it will spread, it doesn't have to beat London just beat the dole.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X