• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stone me, they could fry you at age 10.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone me, they could fry you at age 10.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-ex-...2.html#VI0qr2W

For dear old Freako, the really interesting thing is that the minimum age for meeting old smoky in Indiana was 10 years of age.

Really?

I'm no liberal but that does seem a little odd.

Indiana lawmakers later passed a law raising the minimum age limit for execution from 10 years to 16,

16 seems a tad young to me too, maybe that's my liberal sensitivities kicking in. 10 really does feel like a daft number. Being optimistic it was a hangover of law from 150+ years ago, but we are talking about the USA here so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      16 seems a tad young to me too, maybe that's my liberal sensitivities kicking in. 10 really does feel like a daft number. Being optimistic it was a hangover of law from 150+ years ago, but we are talking about the USA here so you never know.
      Tis interesting to put an arbitary figure on it. There have been lots of surveys done in prison which indicate that many habitual criminals have a reading age of around 10. You can be of very low intelligence before you're officially classified as handicapped.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You can be of very low intelligence before you're officially classified as handicapped, and able to find employment as an agent.

good point
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
        X