• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rambo lives!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rambo lives!

French farmer on trial for 'truffle thief' murder in southern France - Telegraph

Take that you filthy truffle hunting thief!

Well it sounded like Rambo on the Beeb last night.

For dear old Freako, this relates to some French farming person, who, not content with the endless cash poured down his throat by the CAP, chose to shoot some unfortunate truffle thieving person in the dark of the night.

Sounds like justifiable homicide to me.

<ZG in "Go ahead, make my evening" mode>

Got 8 years:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/farmer-jai...165419512.html
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 June 2017, 11:20.

Firing once could have been a fear/shock/surprise reaction, but cycling a pump action to fire a second shot looks like a deliberate desire to cause loads of damage to me.
    Not that I feel the shooting victim needs much sympathy as he was a thief going about his thievery, but killing him seems a tad extreme.

Comment

“It’s not insignificant to go blacked up in camouflage clothes and armed to the teeth, then open fire twice,” he said.
      Mr Pardo was “looking for truffles for others. It is done in the region,” he said.
      Truffles, which only grow wild around the roots of oak, hazel and lime trees, are one of the most expensive foods in the world by weight.
      Mr Rambaud’s father, who replaced the unlicensed shotgun with his hunting rifle, also faces charges of tampering with a crime scene.
      Hmm

The shooting, he added, took place during a veritable “truffle war”, with local farmers fighting a losing battle to guard their warty fungi round the clock or face losing the lot to thieves, in some cases armed.
      sounds horribly like Tony Martin.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X