• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So how racist are the met police.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how racist are the met police.

EXCLUSIVE: Over 8,200 racism allegations made against 8,000 Met officers since 2000 | News | LondonlovesBusiness.com

blimey look forward to body cams.

Since 2000, only 26 allegations have been “substantiated” which “refers to instances where, following investigation, the investigating officer determines that, based upon the available evidence, there is a case to answer in relation to an allegation made concerning an officer’s conduct”. Comparatively, over 2,205 allegations have been unsubstantiated.
    In the last 15 years, only four Met Police officers have been either retired or resigned as a result of racism allegations.

There have been 14 cases where police officers have been given advice about their conduct and three cases where the officers were given a written warning.
    Pretty sure if I was overtly racist to a colleague I would be shown the door via gross misconduct not retired or resigned.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Pretty sure if I was overtly racist to a colleague I would be shown the door via gross misconduct not retired or resigned.
    What about if you were a ethnic?

Bahar Mustafa has faced a backlash in recent weeks after posting a message on Facebook asking white people not to attend an event
    She also explains how she cannot be racist or sexist to white men as she is an ethnic minority woman.

"There have been charges made against me that I am racist and sexist to white men…" she said in the video.

"I, an ethnic minority woman, cannot be racist or sexist towards white men because racism and sexism describe structures of privilege based on race and gender and therefore women of colour and minority genders cannot be racist or sexist, since we do not stand to benefit from such a system."
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The petition calling for Ms Mustafa's removal from her post alleged she had "used hate speech based on race and gender".

It read: "For example, the consistent use of hashtags such as #killallwhitemen and #misandry, and publicly calling someone 'white trash' under the official GSU Welfare and Diversity Officer Twitter account."

Ms Mustafa has said her use of the term "white trash" on an official account had been "not professional".

But she also said the use on her personal account of hashtags such as #killallwhitemen were "in-jokes and ways that many people in the queer feminist community express ourselves".

"It's a way of reclaiming the power from the trauma many of us experience as queers, women, people of colour, who are on the receiving end of racism, misogyny and homophobia daily," she said.
      Pity they couldn't manage a vote of no confidence.

Maybe the Police should send the boys employees of indeterminate age , sexual preference and age round.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X