• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

registered in one country and working in another

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registered in one country and working in another

Hi all,

New to this board but have roamed it a few times. i have a question if anyone could help me with this.

My company and my perm residence for my whole life was in Scotland however i have got a contract in London in which i have taken up. it is 3 months with likely extensions (in my new 3 month extensions now). I am renting my own place down here as I work full time Mon-Fri, 8-6 in London. i do not travel back to Scotland at the weekends and stay in my rented property in London.

When i initially began this contract my accountant said i could not/does not recommend that i claim my rent as I'm living here however my company is registered in Scotland (accountant said i cannot change address as its a different country).

I have been told by a colleague that i should be claiming this rent as I am working away from my registered company/home address.

Can anyone confirm if i can actually claim this as an expense?

Thanks in advance

Who do you believe? Your accountant or your colleague?

What's your situation in Scotland? You still have a home there? Were you renting and stopped to move here. Where is 'home's for you? The actual place you sleep, not homeland.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 29 May 2015, 12:42.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you have a property on Scotland where you live? If you do why don't you go back to Scotland every weekend?

If you can answer those questions then posters can give you appropriate answers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X