• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with a fraudster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with a fraudster

Compare and contrast Sasha Norris | Zoologist & broadcaster with Lena Oster | Zoologist & Scientist. The latter has stolen images from the former in order to perpetrate a rental property scam. My son is looking for an apartment, and applied for one that looked good, registered on a reputable rental website. He got a reply saying "We like you so much that we'll send you the keys as soon as you send us the deposits". Being not entirely stupid, he realised at this point that it was a scam. The advert has since been pulled.

I've contacted the company that registers zslcareer.eu at their abuse email address. Any other action that needs to be taken? Inform the rozzers?

Edit: this site is also referenced in the fraudster's email. http://www.familyfarmlife.eu/ It's entirely made up of gifs.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

We always recommend filing a report with Action Fraud here:

Report Fraud and Cyber Crime | Action Fraud

Hope that helps.
    The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Interesting website.

The address is incorrectly formatted for a UK address.

Anyway apart from beating her up or dobbing her into those scam busters I've think you have done all you can.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Use Tineye reverse image search for all house/apartment pictures. You could see if the pictures have been used elsewhere too.

My daughter was looking for a place in Brighton, which, amazingly, had exactly the same interior as a flat in Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The advert has since been pulled.
          You sure? The 2nd link is still advertising accommodation in CH with an image from the first link.

Comment

Working...
          X