• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earning more money; bagging the fabulous job you have always wanted ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earning more money; bagging the fabulous job you have always wanted ...

"Earning more money; bagging the fabulous job you have always wanted or travelling the world might seem like the key to happiness."
    Five things you can do to be happier right now - Telegraph
    Next time anyone starts a "shut your mouth, look at my wad" thread
    you are miserable really.

Duh. Were I happy or unhappy, I'd still rather be loaded and enjoy my work than not. Airhead article, which seems to be pretty typical of the Torygraph since it twinned with the Beano.

Comment

Earning lots of money never made me happy.

Spending it did.

Comment

All this 'money doesn't make you happy mantra' is crap. Money itself doesn't make me happy but not having bailiffs knocking the door, driving a decent car and being able to afford to feed my son certainly does. Add on the luxuries in life and I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be as happy working the checkout in Asda.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
          All this 'money doesn't make you happy mantra' is crap. Money itself doesn't make me happy but not having bailiffs knocking the door, driving a decent car and being able to afford to feed my son certainly does. Add on the luxuries in life and I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be as happy working the checkout in Asda.
          Indeed. While it may not be the most important factor (duh), it clearly buys some happiness or, at least, avoids some sadness. If it isn't buying you some happiness, you probably aren't spending it right. For example, money facilitates at least two of the things on that Torygraph list.

Comment

Money can't buy you love but it can buy you a lot of poontang: Rich ugly men with hot women : theCHIVE

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Duh. Were I happy or unhappy, I'd still rather be loaded and enjoy my work than not. Airhead article, which seems to be pretty typical of the Torygraph since it twinned with the Beano.
              I expect those type of articles in The Guardian or a more sexist slanted one in The Mail.

The Torygraph must be trying to increase its international readership.....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I expect those type of articles in The Guardian or a more sexist slanted one in The Mail.

The Torygraph must be trying to increase its international readership.....
                I used to enjoy reading a mix of papers, but they're all filling up with mindless clickbait in an inexorable spiral down the plughole of investigative journalism. The Torygraph is utter tulipe nowadays, replete with factual inaccuracies, non-stories, and junior reporters speculating over the next BTL hotspot. The Grauniad has become just as much of a fanzine as they seeth to find the negative in any good economic story. They increasingly show utter contempt for their readership amid the high-pitched screeching at each other, especially those that aren't dyed-in-the-wool supporters of their chosen political overlords.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  That's a totally unwarranted slur on one of the noblest names in the British Press, a publication which has maintained consistently high standards for the benefit of both its readership and society as a whole over many decades.

What's the Beano ever done to justify associating it with that worthless rag the Telegraph?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                    Perhaps if you'd bothered to read the article before pontificating, you'd have spotted that the point being made is that once your disposable income reaches a certain level, additional income doesn't make you any happier.

However, that's been known for years so I don't see the point of the article.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X