• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Typical mortgage rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical mortgage rate?

Guys any idea what a typical repayment rate for a new contractor mortgage is?

I'm guessing around 4%?

Thanks [emoji106]
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Depends on LTV...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McBurney@CMME View Post
      Depends on LTV...?
      What's Adam Crozier got to do with it???
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Typical mortgage rate?

Originally posted by Mark McBurney@CMME View Post
        Depends on LTV...?
        15-20% deposit

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Guys any idea what a typical repayment rate for a new contractor mortgage is?

I'm guessing around 4%?

Thanks [emoji106]
          We were just offered something like 2.69% for 5 years at 75%. Or maybe 2.69 was for 2 years, and it was 2.99 for 5 years...

Maybe.

I think.

My wife has all of the figures.

Comment

Wouldn't it have been quicker to ring one of them up and ask them? You'll also be able to trust the information is correct.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Wouldn't it have been quicker to ring one of them up and ask them? You'll also be able to trust the information is correct.
              Whilst you are on the line let me take some personal details...

Comment

OK, I've been allowed to see the paperwork for what I'll be paying for...

70% LTV, 25 years with Coventry.

We were offered 2.69% fixed till June 2020, or 1.79% fixed till June 2017.

EDIT: This is based off 2 years of accounts (all I've got so far), not my Contract (I generally have 3 month max contracts, and am about to finish one, so that would have been tricky).
                Last edited by Ticktock; 1 June 2015, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Whilst you are on the line let me take some personal details...
                  That is actually a good thing to do as a rate can look as attractive as you want, but if the whole case doesn't fit and you can't get it, what good is a number?

If you aren't going to let a broker look into your entire situation, you may be better off googling mortgage rates, as that would give you the same information?

As an example, Halifax have a 2.24% 2yr fixed rate with a 15% deposit, one of the best from any lender, regardless of contractor friendly or not.

Comment

Coventry offer 1.89pc variable rate for 25 years at 80pc LTV if you fancy it

Comment

Working...
                    X