• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Charles Kennedy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Charles Kennedy

Only 55. No age at all, really

Charles Kennedy, former Liberal Democrat leader, dies aged 55 - BBC News

Sad news. I quite liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Sad news. I quite liked him.
      Me too.

Comment

Just a few weeks after he lost his seat. Sad :-(

Comment

Blimey

he seemed like a genuine bloke. Sad
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes I always liked him and he clearly gave the LibDems a big boost just by his charisma.

3 week bender after losing his seat? Hard not to jump to that conclusion.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Sad to hear this new this morning. It's probably a suicide due to his personal circumstances over the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                Sad to hear this new this morning. It's probably a suicide due to his personal circumstances over the last few months.
                No, it probably isn't. I mean, I know it's unlike you to ignore facts, common sense, etc in order to make political points... Even so, that's a bit low.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  Has suicide actually been suggested?
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    Has suicide actually been suggested?
                    It has in some reports. When police say 'no suspicious circumstances' when there is still to be a PM then they are alluding to suicide.

Comment

Working...
                    X