• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting take on the Guardian standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting take on the Guardian standards

Ref the Beeb and its newspaper subscriptions.

This bloke reckons a poodle could have edited his work better than the Guardian staffers. He's quit
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Ref the Beeb and its newspaper subscriptions.

This bloke reckons a poodle could have edited his work better than the Guardian staffers. He's quit
    They had a point though, he's one wordy m*********er.

Comment

Chap/chappess doesn't seem to be using paragraphs properly. But scores highly on sentence length, eg:

"Amongst other new and surprising facts I’ve been told about myself on the Internet in the last couple of years by total strangers are that I write picture books about cats (I don’t; I write some books about golf and slightly more books about my life through the prism of what can be loosely termed cat ownership which also serve as a veiled way for me to write about place and rural eccentricity and tell stories about my dad and toads) and that I’m a typical middle class Guardian-writing Oxbridge graduate (I don’t even have any A-levels, let alone a degree; I spent most of my childhood living in a North Nottinghamshire mining village and my parents grew up on council estates in Liverpool and Nottingham)."

A perfect example of Guardian writing style. Garrulous and self obsessed. I'm not meaning to have a go at the author though.

Comment

Working...
      X