• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Anyone see the 2003 remake on telly?

Not nearly as feckin scary as the original IMO.

Also claims to be based on a 'true story' which is utter bull.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Yeah boring as hell. Must be age but can't remember when I last got hooked by a horror film. A film about Chico's life, now that would be truly evil and scary.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      Anyone see the 2003 remake on telly?

Not nearly as feckin scary as the original IMO.

Also claims to be based on a 'true story' which is utter bull.
      The killer was based on a real person (who wasn't from Texas iirc), but there was no chainsaw massacre. I believe the tagline "based on a true story" dates from the original 1970s version, and was designed to make it that bit more scary.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Yeah boring as hell. Must be age but can't remember when I last got hooked by a horror film. A film about Chico's life, now that would be truly evil and scary.
        I can't remember the last time a 'horror' film made me scared, or jump out of my seat. Being a total sceptic in the 'paranormal' doesn't help either.

The only bogeyman in my bedroom is me!

My wife claimed to have seen a 'ghost' in a house we owned about 20 years ago - and she was really scared.

What actually happened was that I was decorating and removed a full-length mirror from the wall of the passage leading to the bathroom and propped it against the wall.

Passing car headlights illuminated the space and moved from left to right creating the impression of something passing through the walls.
        Hard to explain, but obvious when you think about it.

She was so convinced, but when I showed her what was up, she was so embarressed!

Repeat after me: THERE ARE NO GHOSTS

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
          I can't remember the last time a 'horror' film made me scared, or jump out of my seat. Being a total sceptic in the 'paranormal' doesn't help either.

The only bogeyman in my bedroom is me!

My wife claimed to have seen a 'ghost' in a house we owned about 20 years ago - and she was really scared.

What actually happened was that I was decorating and removed a full-length mirror from the wall of the passage leading to the bathroom and propped it against the wall.

Passing car headlights illuminated the space and moved from left to right creating the impression of something passing through the walls.
          Hard to explain, but obvious when you think about it.

She was so convinced, but when I showed her what was up, she was so embarressed!

Repeat after me: THERE ARE NO GHOSTS
          Aye. I guess when you get older you realise true evil is banal and is found in average people rather than in ghosts and madmen with chainsaws.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Aye. I guess when you get older you realise true evil is banal and is found in average people rather than in ghosts and madmen with chainsaws.
            Blimey! That's probably one of the wisest things ever posted on this forum.

Yes. Evil is utterly banal and getting more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              The killer was based on a real person (who wasn't from Texas iirc), but there was no chainsaw massacre. I believe the tagline "based on a true story" dates from the original 1970s version, and was designed to make it that bit more scary.
              And he lives (or lived) here in Blighty!

Just goes to show you poms will let anyone move in!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                And he lives (or lived) here in Blighty!

Just goes to show you poms will let anyone move in!

Mailman
                I gather you are from NZ?

Where are you living now?

NZ is a nice country - like the UK in the 1950s.

Often though about retiring there - as my Dad did.

Comment

Working...
                X