• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will a robot take your job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it apears maybe

Computer programmers have a 48.1% chance of being automated
    Some of the coders on current RIP project could be replace by randomise()

siliconrepublic. will-a-robot-take-your-job-find-out-here
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Well it apears maybe

Some of the coders on current RIP project could be replace by randomise()

siliconrepublic. will-a-robot-take-your-job-find-out-here
    Oh no the Suitybot!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When computers can produce working, useful programs from a specification written on the back of a fag packet with a marker pen... then I'll worry.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        When computers can produce working, useful programs from a specification written on the back of a fag packet with a marker pen... then I'll worry.
        It may and eventually will do the bits you used to off shore but you will still need to take the fag packet and convert it into a specification others can develop from...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They were teaching the use of CASE tools when I was at Uni, I've never actually seen them used in anger since.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Specification?

Luxury!
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Specification?

Luxury!
              <Yorkshire>
              When I say Specification, it was really just a set of vague promises made by the Sales team.
              </Yorkshire>
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                <Yorkshire>
                When I say Specification, it was really just a set of vague promises made by the Sales team.
                </Yorkshire>
                Ah yes, there'll always be a job for us while there's salesmen's commission.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

For tape monkeys it already has, we had one of these to replace ours:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Too late....

Comment

Working...
                    X