• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best learn a language cd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best learn a language cd?

Have any of the collective here tryied learning a language during the car commute and can make a recommendation to cd language course for French?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

I bought the course from frenchclasses.com, and that was really good. Listened to it a zillion times over in the car. But I only did Intermediate and Advanced (which isn't that advanced); can't comment how good the beginners one is.

I've also got germanpod101 all downloaded as MP3, and had that in the car too. That was also very good.

I probably should try to get back into this.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I tried Cantonese on a 1.5 car hour commute, it was the best place to do it because I would feel like twit getting Cantonese sounds correct anywhere else.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Michel Thomas is good as it is just meant to be learnt by speaking.

Also available on download.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          Have any of the collective here tryied learning a language during the car commute and can make a recommendation to cd language course for French?
          Can't you just plug into the matrix and upload it?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Assimil. There is no English on the cd so its full immersion. About 100 short lessons but at the end you are pretty proficient. You'll need the book too.

Comment

I prefer to study grammar etc and memorise tables, then immersion in the country. Slowly then for me it starts to come together.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

+1 for Michel Thomas. Very good method of learning suited for long car journeys.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

Very good way to get started if you know nothing. But you do need to learn it properly too.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                  X