• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damned Friday, John Otway Sunday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damned Friday, John Otway Sunday

..and who says Somerset is a cultural backwater.

Firstly, thanks to the crowd @ Cheese&Grain Frome for making me feel so YOUNG.

Secondly thanks @Sensible for not playing half the set with your cacks round your ankles like back in the day. Would have been a bit awkward as I had my teen niece in tow.

On to Otway @Rocky Mountain Garden Centre, nr. Wells.

Arrives on a Sinclair C5 opening line to crowd after 1st song "wow - let me just tell you what an honour it is to be playing this garden centre"

One of the best weekends I've had in ages...

Otway is a bleedin' superstar. Should have been much bigger than the cult following he ended up with.

Deep & Meaningless was up there with the best albums ever made.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Hi GR!

I don't suppose there were any sightings of Wild Willy there?

Comment

They did some stuff together again in 2009/11 but not sure if it's an ongoing thing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Hi GR!

I don't suppose there were any sightings of Wild Willy there?
          Hi DS

No, but Nige and Brenda who run the cafe tell me they plan to get him in some time soon...

Comment

I love John Otway - I was a fan when he was a one-hit wonder.

I saw him at the Burton Beer Festival a few years back.

Does he still tear his shirts and leap off ladder steps and do somersaults while playing his guitar?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I love John Otway - I was a fan when he was a one-hit wonder.

I saw him at the Burton Beer Festival a few years back.

Does he still tear his shirts and leap off ladder steps and do somersaults while playing his guitar?
              Two hits surely!!

Or did 'Bunsen Burner' not chart?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Two hits surely!!

Or did 'Bunsen Burner' not chart?
                It did, on the back of a 'fix' by his fan club, but as the great man himself said, it put the 's' on the right side of 'hit' for him

Comment

John Otway, legend in his lifetime. Just wish he would come over here...One that I nicked of my mum:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X