• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini boom

Client was looking for an R programmer for about three days of work, and asked if I could source one. I genned up on the language over the weekend and told the client that while I'd no direct experience of R, I could probably help out. They've just told me they've got the budget approved. So just three days of work, but a new skill on the CV. (And I'll almost certainly be able to use R in other places with the client).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Client was looking for an R programmer for about three days of work, and asked if I could source one. I genned up on the language over the weekend and told the client that while I'd no direct experience of R, I could probably help out. They've just told me they've got the budget approved. So just three days of work, but a new skill on the CV. (And I'll almost certainly be able to use R in other places with the client).
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Since R is a language to support mathematicians and statisticians in their daily grind, I hope you have GCSE maths at C or above level?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Since R is a language to support mathematicians and statisticians in their daily grind, I hope you have GCSE maths at C or above level?
            We used R at my last gig, it was all Algo trading stuff, mag cubes and shiit, clobbered and strangled our HPC on GPFS set up no end, mind you it was all on Linux.

Comment

As I've mentioned to you before - I have a Maths degree. But thank-you for your concern.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Its okay - he moderated one of sasguru's posts once.

BTW -

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  As I've mentioned to you before - I have a Maths degree. But thank-you for your concern.
                  But was it from a red brick university? That's all that matters don't you know.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X