• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Trips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Trips

Horsforth School plans £1,650 Barbados sports trip - BBC News

Fair enough I think its probably good educational value for money, but my god that is taking the piss, I wonder if the teachers need to pay too?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Fair enough I think its probably good educational value for money, but my god that is taking the piss, I wonder if the teachers need to pay too?
    ms#5's forthcoming footie trip is > £2.5K

Comment

I think that half of that money goes on providing a 1970's BBC presenter for motivation.

Comment

Part of being a good parent is learning to say "No" to the little darlings

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I know it's not quite the same, but our local authority used to do a yearly (or maybe every other year) Mediterranean cruise. I don't know how it worked for everyone, but we were told very early in Year 7 and the cruise was in Year 9 - giving the best part of two years to pay.

It was very expensive (I'd have to ask the bank of mum and dad how much) but remains, hands down, the best experience of my entire school life. I'd do it again tomorrow! Went to a bunch of different countries and got to float in the Dead Sea!

Only a handful of people from each school went, though - I think about 10 - 15 from ours which was one of the "posher" ones.*

*I was a model student in Primary school so got through on academic merit. Turned out to be a phase.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Snip
              It's nothing special. Loads of kids are doing Med Cruises nowadays. They normally do some touring in various spots around north Africa, do the Med itself and then finish off in Italy.

Comment

well eldest has a trip to London - about £220

youngest is going to France that's about £270

would not really pay much more than that.

Comment

My lad Tarquin is going with the other 7 years olds at his school to Branson's private island like he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    well eldest has a trip to London - about £220

youngest is going to France that's about £270

would not really pay much more than that.
                    There is a trip to Rome in year 10 which is about £450 a head. We can't do it for much less than that so the girls are on it. Its changing compared to previous years as the tour of the colosseum is very much worth the 6euros it costs on top of general access...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X