• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should E-Cigs be treated as normal cigarettes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should E-Cigs be treated as normal cigarettes?

Given Wales is tihnking of introducing a ban in public places, and South West Trains have done the same what do people think?

As a non smoker in a family of smokers I don't see the problem with them, they don't smell, they don't pollute, is peoples only real gripe that they are becoming a fashion item for under 18s?
    Yes
    31.25%
    No
    62.50%
    Andyw's mum puts out for a packet of Marlboro Lights
    6.25%
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Given Wales is tihnking of introducing a ban in public places, and South West Trains have done the same what do people think?

As a non smoker in a family of smokers I don't see the problem with them, they don't smell, they don't pollute, is peoples only real gripe that they are becoming a fashion item for under 18s?
    They are also a fire risk!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      They are also a fire risk!
      Any electrical device is a fire risk when paired with a cheap USB cable from China
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't get this at all. I was all for the smoking ban even though I smoked but I do find this one bemusing. It's not a cigarette, it's not smoke, it doesn't smell. Why are they lumping in it in with something that does? Very strange.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't get this at all. I was all for the smoking ban even though I smoked but I do find this one bemusing. It's not a cigarette, it's not smoke, it doesn't smell. Why are they lumping in it in with something that does? Very strange.
          Because there is next to nothing left for the killjoy, jobsworth, poke nose b'stards to get all righteous about.

Comment

I just think they're a bit 'ish. If you want to smoke smoke. Or not. These things just look silly and annoy non-smokers for the same reason as normal cigarettes. It's not just about the health effects.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I just think they're a bit 'ish. If you want to smoke smoke. Or not. These things just look silly and annoy non-smokers for the same reason as normal cigarettes. It's not just about the health effects.
              Why do they annoy you?

The only reason I have ever been able to discern is that non-smokers whine because they seem to get less breaks than smokers. TBH I spend more time on smoke breaks thinking about/talking about 'the project task at hand' than a lot of non-smokers do at their desk all day.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                $2 billion global industry ish?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  $2 billion global industry ish?
                  Plus it's an industry that makes enormous amounts of money from addicting its customers, then twice as much weaning them off their addiction via their 'harm reduction' products. Win/win for them - how many of us wish we had that kind of business model efficiency?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    Plus it's an industry that makes enormous amounts of money from addicting its customers, then twice as much weaning them off their addiction via their 'harm reduction' products. Win/win for them - how many of us wish we had that kind of business model efficiency?
                    Do some of the developers on here not have that kind of business model ? Writing tulip code that needs fixed several times over ??
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X