• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done UKIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done UKIP

For those of you who assumed opposing the TTIP was a Leftie only issue.

BBC : TTIP talks: MEPs in bitter split on EU-US trade

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33078804

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
    For those of you who assumed opposing the TTIP was a Leftie only issue.

BBC : TTIP talks: MEPs in bitter split on EU-US trade

TTIP talks: MEPs in bitter split on EU-US trade - BBC News
    Well the UK has delegated power to the EU to negotiate trade deals so its all pretty much out of our hands really.

Let us all unite and support our Glorious Supreme leader President Juncker of the EU!

Comment

Why 'well done UKIP'?

UKIP don't want us to be part of this agreement.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I suggest you go back to when this was first mooted and see their opinion about it then, that is when they bothered to turn up to discuss it. Here is something about them and TTIP from last year: TTIP Exclusive: Ukip Wants to Privatise the NHS in Controversial EU-US Trade Deal
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Funny, I've just this minute been sorting out some code to detect if a website visitors' IP is from UK. Using array named $ukips
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yes, well done Ukip: Nationalists defy EU condemnation of Russia abuses - BBC News

Anti-EU parties including UKIP have voted against a European Parliament resolution, which condemns Russian human rights abuses.
            Although I'm a little bit perplexed by their comments:

In a comment on the vote, UKIP deputy leader Paul Nuttall said his party objected to any EU involvement in party funding.
            "UKIP does not support interference by the European Commission in any aspect of funding for British political parties. UKIP supports the laws which are already in place in Britain which prohibit foreign funding of political parties."
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Extremely well done up like a kipper, this is what Bill Etheridge said:

When in reality:

The vote was for an amendment proposed by a Labour MEP to favour the use of public courts instead of any investor-state dispute settlement mechanism ( the idea of a three person tribunal held in private ) This means no ISDS in TTIP. You can find the information here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdo...50528_0900.htm

For example this in one of them:

And as one website said:

The vast majority voted for the amendments to go forward. With all the claims being made by UKIP you would assume that they would vote for amendments that would protect the NHS, Agriculture, The environment, Workers rights. However it seems Lord Dartmouth chose to abstain.
              But then again, they're not the smartest bunch around: Ukip MEP launches anti-Sainsbury's campaign after confusing its stance on EU - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Why 'well done UKIP'? UKIP don't want us to be part of this agreement.
                And neither do I. I don't care what their motives are, if they're instrumental in derailing it, then I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
                  And neither do I. I don't care what their motives are, if they're instrumental in derailing it, then I'll be happy.
                  I thought UKIP were complaining about The Conservatives and Labour derailing it? They want the agreement, and then they want us not to get the benefit by leaving the EU and be at a disadvantage to all our neighbours when trading with the US.

They should stick to claiming homosexuality causes floods. At least it was easier to understand them then.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I thought UKIP were complaining about The Conservatives and Labour derailing it? They want the agreement, and then they want us not to get the benefit by leaving the EU and be at a disadvantage to all our neighbours when trading with the US.

They should stick to claiming homosexuality causes floods. At least it was easier to understand them then.
                    TTIP seems a bad idea for the UK (and EU) to my mind. There will be business benefits, but the fact that it will allow the US style of foodstuffs into the market and foodchain could be bad. There will also be the potential trampling of EU food businesses by US giants who are able to offer lower prices due to economies of scale, poor animal welfare, use of GM crops, added chemicals, leaving EU producers unable to compete on a level playing field.

The EU have had much tighter controls on chemicals, etc, with the focus being "is this good for the consumer", whereas the US focus has been "is this good for the producer". The US has a fairly broad reputation for inferior quality food, both in terms of taste, e.g. cheese, chocolate, meat, but also in terms of safety, e.g. soft-drink sweeteners, levels and types of insecticides, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X