• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stone me, maybe BrilloPad was right!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone me, maybe BrilloPad was right!

Rebecca Minnock and missing son Ethan 'safe and happy' - BBC News

A mother who went missing with her three-year-old son has contacted a newspaper to say they are safe.

Rebecca Minnock, 35, and Ethan disappeared from their home in Highbridge, Somerset, on 26 May.

Ms Minnock told The Sun she had "lost all trust and faith in the system completely" following a custody battle in which a judge ruled Ethan should live with his father.
    Now I am not going to get into the whys and whatfors of the actual case (I will leave that for BP to rant about) but its interesting to see the medias POV on the matter, usually in cases where the father has done the runner the newspapers give the view of the wronged mother left holding a photo with a tear in her eyes, nut here only a brief statement from the police saying he is "very upset", not even mentioning his name
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Rebecca Minnock and missing son Ethan 'safe and happy' - BBC News

Now I am not going to get into the whys and whatfors of the actual case (I will leave that for BP to rant about) but its interesting to see the medias POV on the matter, usually in cases where the father has done the runner the newspapers give the view of the wronged mother left holding a photo with a tear in her eyes, nut here only a brief statement from the police saying he is "very upset", not even mentioning his name
    Well if the court found for the father based on the fact the mother was obstructive, she's just proved the prosecutions cases hasn't she.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Well if the court found for the father based on the fact the mother was obstructive, she's just proved the prosecutions cases hasn't she.
      When has facts ever got in the way of a good story!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

When has facts ever got in the way of a good story!
        Of course, in Brillos case, the court awarded to the mothers because Brillo is a certified nutter

Comment

"A month later, his father Roger Williams, applied for contact with him."

Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            "A month later, his father Roger Williams, applied for contact with him."

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2103963

Comment

January 25 2012 - Ethan is born
              February 2013 - Mr Williams and Ms Minnock separate
              March 2013 - Private law proceedings begin between the parents after Mr Williams applies for contact with Ethan.
              August 2013 - Magistrates order that Mr Williams should have some contact with Ethan in the presence of Miss Minnock. Miss Minnock alleges that Mr Williams takes drugs, which he denies.
              October 2013 - The contact between Ethan and Mr Williams breaks down.
              January 2014 - Ms Minnock makes further serious allegations against Mr Williams, stating that he is controlling and behaves inappropriately.
              April 2014 - A fully-contested hearing takes place in front of a district judge, who rejects all the allegations. Orders are made for contact with the father to develop.
              February 2015 - Contact has not developed, according to the court, and a further hearing takes place. A district judge finds Miss Minnock has fabricated allegations against Mr Williams to 'frustrate contact'.
              February to May 2015 - Ethan begins to spend four nights a week with his father and three nights a week with his mother.
              - Eminent child and adolescent psychiatrist Dr Mark Berelowitz is instructed to carry out a report on Ethan. A guardian is appointed to represent Ethan's interests in court hearings.
              • SHARE PICTURE

Copy link to paste in your message

+14

Ethan with his Aunt Limmie pictured this year

- A social worker reports that Ethan is not 'emotionally safe' with Ms Minnock and should live with Mr Williams and have supervised contact with his mother.
              - Dr Berelowitz reports a 'warm relationship' between Ethan and both parents. He states that Miss Minnock did not accept Mr Williams was innocent of the allegations and had questioned Ethan extensively. He recommends that Ethan should live with Mr Williams and have supervised contact with Ms Minnock.
              - Tara Bolton, the guardian appointed for Ethan, gives evidence before a district judge stating the same opinion as the social worker and Dr Berelowitz.
              May 26 2015 - Miss Minnock takes Ethan to Musgrove Park Hospital after collecting him from a visit to his father.
              May 27 2015 - A hearing takes place to consider allegations made against Mr Williams by Ms Minnock. Miss Minnock does not attend but is represented by counsel.
              - The district judge rejects the allegations and makes a positive finding that Ethan has been exposed to emotional harm by Miss Minnock and found she had breached previous court orders.
              - The district judge orders that Ethan should live with his father and Miss Minnock should only have supervised contact
              - Ms Minnock is seen withdrawing cash at Asda in Highbridge before getting into a black Ford Focus, which appear to drive towards Cheltenham, where family members live.
              June 1 2015 - The case is transferred to Judge Stephen Wildblood QC, sitting as a High Court judge.
              June 3 2015 - Judge Stephen Wildblood makes collection order for Ethan.
              June 7 2015 - The collection order is served on Ethan's grandmother, Louise Minnock, uncle Marvin Shaw and aunt Limmie Shaw. They are arrested.
              June 8 2015 - Mrs Minnock, Mr Shaw and Ms Shaw appear before Judge Wildblood at Bristol Magistrates' Court. They are released from custody after denying knowledge of Ethan's location.
              June 9 2015 - Mrs Minnock, Mr Shaw and Miss Shaw appear before Judge Wildblood at Bristol Crown Court. Mrs Minnock and Mr Shaw give evidence stating they do not know where Ethan is. They are released from court but judge says he has 'deep suspicions' they have further information but have not disclosed it.
              June 10 2015 - Avon and Somerset Police issue a further appeal to find Miss Minnock and Ethan. They say 'concern is growing' for their welfare and whereabouts.

Read more: Rebecca Minnock on the run with son Ethan 'knows she's in trouble' | Daily Mail Online
              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

My eyes, my eyes.

Cheers MF.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  My eyes, my eyes.

Cheers MF.
                  Basically the courts and professionals stated that she is emotionally hurting her child and he is not safe with her, and she's done a runner with help from family.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Basically the courts and professionals stated that she is emotionally hurting her child and he is not safe with her, and she's done a runner with help from family.
                    I was referring to the massive type size.

Or is it just on my browser?

Comment

Working...
                    X