• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sockies

Firstly, I am sure 'veteran' posters will now bring out the usual diatribe of "he's xxxx sockie" or "its clear he's a sockie" ? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzbdump

but not a day goes past where some posters who obviously have nothing to post/say of use posts one of these or accuses some random user of being a sockie.

It quite frankly is boring, I have been accused a few times and the trick is to just ignore them, but my question is.

Why does it bother you all so much who a poster is?

Have you not got paid work to do?
    Have you not got other important questions burning to be asked?

Right I am off back to my normal location for a few hours as you all go red in face and start accusing me of planning to overthrow CUK.

ciao

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    Firstly, I am sure 'veteran' posters will now bring out the usual diatribe of "he's xxxx sockie" or "its clear he's a sockie" ? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzbdump

but not a day goes past where some posters who obviously have nothing to post/say of use posts one of these or accuses some random user of being a sockie.

It quite frankly is boring, I have been accused a few times and the trick is to just ignore them, but my question is.

Right I am off back to my normal location for a few hours as you all go red in face and start accusing me of planning to overthrow CUK.

ciao
    The sock drawer, right?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      The sock drawer, right?
      Probably best to put this one in the wash. It's getting a bit crusty now.

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post

ciao
        Clearly, you haven't mastered the trick yet. Keep at it. You will get there in the end.

A few clues....

Why do many hate sockies? Mainly because they ask stupid repetitive questions or post intentionally contentious statements/views in a vain attempt at attention seeking. When genuine posters waste their time replying to said stupid, repetitive questions, they get rightly annoyed when OP turns out to be a sockie/troll or both.

How do we know they are sockies? There are about 12 indications. Usually, 3 or more are present in every sockie post so most are easily spotted. No I am not going to post them here because most of the sockie masters are too stupid/do not even care if they are caught out and banned, they have a drawer full of them. It's a bit like the virus/anti-virus cycle.

No I don't have any paid work to do.

If I have got any more important questions to ask, I will be sure to open your drawer and shout them in for your approval.

Please shut the drawer on your way back in.

Wiedersehen

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Clearly, you haven't mastered the trick yet. Keep at it. You will get there in the end.

A few clues....

Why do many hate sockies? Mainly because they ask stupid repetitive questions or post intentionally contentious statements/views in a vain attempt at attention seeking. When genuine posters waste their time replying to said stupid, repetitive questions, they get rightly annoyed when OP turns out to be a sockie/troll or both.

How do we know they are sockies? There are about 12 indications. Usually, 3 or more are present in every sockie post so most are easily spotted. No I am not going to post them here because most of the sockie masters are too stupid/do not even care if they are caught out and banned, they have a drawer full of them. It's a bit like the virus/anti-virus cycle.

No I don't have any paid work to do.

If I have got any more important questions to ask, I will be sure to open your drawer and shout them in for your approval.

Please shut the drawer on your way back in.

Wiedersehen
          And the prize for "yes I missed the point again" award goes to the above.

But thanks for explaining your logic, I now know whose posts not to view so as not to waste my time.

Have a good day my friend

Comment

Hmmm...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Hmmm...
              Good holiday?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

But for just £399.99 + VAT you can get access to my exclusive sockie detector

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The lady doth protest too much, methinks

But for just £399.99 + VAT you can get access to my exclusive sockie detector

That is definitely Pondy! Or one of his sockies....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    That is definitely Pondy! Or one of his sockies....
                    Damn those airport security scanners.

Comment

Working...
                    X