• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mindmapping software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindmapping software

I'm presently doing some work where I feel that a mindmap is the best diagram. Been jotting them down, but there is a lot of meta data I want to bring through to represent.

I've been looking at something like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...isch&q=mindmap

Powerpoint has a basic one, but not in that format. Any recommendations for any decent software, template or plug in?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I use the aptly named simplemind+ app on my ipad.

They have a desktop version

SimpleMind Desktop | simplemind

Comment

My eldest uses Popplet on the ipad and Mindomo or SimpleMindFree on the android tablet
      Join IPSE

Comment

Reccomendations

2nd for Simple Mind if your working stand alone.

Or MindMeister if you want to pay an annual fee and share across the cloud, add to mind map from phone/tablet whilst commuting etc. Also I found it a lot easier to get text out of Mind Meister into MS document formats.

Other people might find the look and feel of both a bit old fashioned.

Comment

xMind for me, basic is free

Comment

I started using xMind just yesterday and quickly got used to it; I am more of a keyboarder than a mouser at heart and I find the keyboard shortcuts very intuitive for my (admittedly basic) needs.

I liked the look of "the Brain", but it only ran once on my Win 7 PC so it was uninstalled.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I'm presently doing some work where I feel that a mindmap is the best diagram. Been jotting them down, but there is a lot of meta data I want to bring through to represent.

Powerpoint has a basic one, but not in that format. Any recommendations for any decent software, template or plug in?
              UI is probably a bit complex for you but you could try this....

They are not free but you could probably pick one up at a boot sale for a few quid.

Comment

Try drawing it on a sheet of A3/A4 paper and scan it.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Try drawing it on a sheet of A3/A4 paper and scan it.
                  And if you have a sudden brainwave, be sure to carve the mind map in a large granite cliff face.

Otherwise it's all too easy to forget.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

An A5 piece of paper and a crayon should cover anything that's cogitated beneath your furrowed brow.

Comment

Working...
                    X