• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosing Ltd Company bank statments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosing Ltd Company bank statments

Hi All

I need some advice on this.

I recently secured a contract with a financial services company and now the start date is being pushed further away and the red tape has started to fill in the gaps.
    The recruitment agency has requested me to disclose my bank statements from my Limited company,do the agencies or any third party have any legal grounding to request confidential information like this from my company?
    Never had to do this when I applied for my SC clearance.

Thanks
    Gibbs

Originally posted by gibby View Post
    Hi All

I need some advice on this.

I recently secured a contract with a financial services company and now the start date is being pushed further away and the red tape has started to fill in the gaps.
    The recruitment agency has requested me to disclose my bank statements from my Limited company,do the agencies or any third party have any legal grounding to request confidential information like this from my company?
    Never had to do this when I applied for my SC clearance.

Thanks
    Gibbs
    Are you sure they are not just after something with the sort code and account number on showing that the account is held in the company name not your own? If so pretty standard for all gigs not just FS
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Financial service companies request all sorts of weird stuff. Back in 2013 I was asked for council tax statement from 2010!

If you have it, best just to hand it over and not ask too many questions...

Comment

They keep saying that its a check for money laundering, which is the default excuse from most people requesting this form of documents/info.
        I may have to blank out certain parts like the account/sort code numbers and other parts that may seem confidential to me. I'm worried about identity theft,as I don't trust agencies handling these documents and may end losing it or sending it to inappropriate parties.

Thanks
        Gibby

Comment

I may have to blank out certain parts like the account/sort code numbers and other parts that may seem confidential to me.
          Yeah, make sure you blank these details out when you send in your invoices too, as the agency may try to use the details.

Comment

They keep saying that its a check for money laundering, which is the default excuse from most people requesting this form of documents/info.
            I may have to blank out certain parts like the account/sort code numbers and other parts that may seem confidential to me. I'm worried about identity theft,as I don't trust agencies handling these documents and may end losing it or sending it to inappropriate parties.

Thanks
            Gibby
            How will the agency pay your invoices if they don't know your bank account number and sort code?
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              How will the agency pay your invoices if they don't know your bank account number and sort code?
              This is the interesting bit.The client has another recruitment agency doing a separate vetting/reference check, so the agency that i have contract with, bank details etc, now has to deliver everything to the other agency, so that the other agency can approve and sign me off to the client.
              Never experience anything like this.Red tape on a grand scale.

Comment

This is the interesting bit.The client has another recruitment agency doing a separate vetting/reference check, so the agency that i have contract with, bank details etc, now has to deliver everything to the other agency, so that the other agency can approve and sign me off to the client.
                Never experience anything like this.Red tape risk aversion and blame transfer on a grand scale.
                FTFY

Comment

In addition to your regular company bank account, do you not also have a separate offshore numbered account for laundering money?

Comment

No offshore accounts, just one personal account in UK bank.
                    I'm still uncomfortable with this as I have worked with other financial institutions, but this is over doing it as an recruitment agency.
                    I wouldn't be surprised to go through this if I was applying DV clearance, but its neither SC or DV.

Comment

Working...
                    X